Thursday 17 March 2016

Cheltenham 2016. Day Three...



Day Two Results:
Yorkhill 3/1 - won

Vyta Du Roc 10/1 e/w - unplaced.


Yorkhill did the business turning over the short priced fav. It was a great ride by Ruby but I have to confess that for a while I thought he might get himself boxed in on the rail. Anyway, in the end it wasn't a problem in a small field. Vyta Du Roc travelled nicely but was disappointing at the end of the race - but at least we avoided the two short priced favs in that race, which both lost.

Day Three:

JLT Novices Chase. 1.30pm:

Four runners at the head of the market here. Bristol De Mai, Garde La Victoire, Outlander and Black Hercules. I will go against Mullins' Black Hercules - so far I have avoided Mullins when he's lost and backed him when he's won, so let's hope that continues! I am reluctantly scratching off Outlander too - drying ground will probably be against him.

I can't separate the final two, Bristol De Mai and Garde La Victoire. I'm not in love with either horse but I think one of them will win. If you wanted to take one e/w it would probably be Bristol De Mai.

Bristol De Mai: 5/1
Garde La Victoire: 4/1

I haven't found any big prices this Cheltenham and I never usually bet at the shorter end of the market. I just haven't fancied anything at bigger prices. In desperation I will mention As De Mee at 28/1, in the same race, for pennies each way.

For those of you that want an in running trade, you need look no further than Cole Harden in the 3.30pm who is highly likely to lead or be up with pace as usual. He was a winner for me last year at 20/1 and this is his race.

No comments:

Post a Comment